I just made this with some mashed potatoes.
What you need
- A thicc round steak. I used top sirloin medallions.
- Butter, salt, and pepper
- Oil. Fancy folks use olive oil, but I use peanut because I don’t like hitting my fire alarm with a broom.
- Aluminum foil
- Pans and stuff
- Preheat your oven to 450°F or 232°C
- Put some oil and butter in a pan and heat on medium-high
- While that is heating:
- Season your steak with salt and pepper
- Wrap a slide of bacon around the perimeter of the steak
- Secure bacon with toothpicks
- Pop that bad boy onto the pan and sear quickly on both sides
- Plop your meat onto a bit of foil, put on a baking tray, and pop it into the oven for about 7 minutes. Use a meat thermometer if you’re picky about the wellness of your beef.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes
- Remove toothpicks and eat. Or don’t remove them, I don’t judge your lifestyle.