Cluck cluck, motherf’ers.
What you need
- Chicken breasts or thighs. I am a thigh girl, myself.
- Stuff for a marinade: I use chili powder, garlic powder, MSG, a bit of vinegar, and some dried ghost peppers if I really want to break my butthole.
- Bell peppers
- A frying pan
- Salsa, hot sauce, cilantro, sour cream, grated cheese, or whatever else you want to put on these bad boys
- Marinate the chicken in the marinade stuff. I do this overnight. Cook your marinated chicken to your liking. I usually cook it in an Instant Pot and shred it, but in a pan and sliced after is fine. Just don’t give yourself salmonella.
- Chop the peppers and onions into long strips
- In a pan, add a bit of oil and the peppers and onions on high heat for about 2 minutes. You want to get a good sear on those puppies.
- Heat up your your tortillas somehow. I use a pan, some people use the oven or a microwave. I disagree with those people but I’m sure they’re nice.
- Put the aforementioned stuff in the tortillas and eat them. Duh.