I had these at a wedding once and they were quite fancy.
What you need
- Dates. Like the dried fruit, not some poor soul you picked up on Tinder, you psycho
- Some junk to stuff your dates with. I just use slivered almonds, but some people use pistachios, bleu cheese, or goat cheese.
- A baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375°F or 190°C
- Pit dates by slicing them down the center and extracting the seed
- Stuff dates with whatever the heck you chose to stuff them with
- Roll each date up in about half a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick
- Place on parchment paper lined baking pan
- Cook for 8-15 minutes depending on how thicc your bacon is. It will be done when the edges of the bacon are crispy. Be careful not to overcook, these suckers burn fast.
- Remove from oven and let rest for ~10 minutes
Make sure you let them cool down before you start cramming them in your pie hole unless you really like the taste of seared mouth flesh. You psycho.