This recipe was not an excuse for me to type the word “balls” repeatedly. I promise.
What you need
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- 0.5 tsp chili powder
- 0.25 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- As much crushed garlic as your little heart desires
- 1 tsbp Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp FLAVA ENHANCA aka MSG
- ~3 big-ass yellow or white onions
- A bottle of BBQ sauce. I use Sweet Baby Rays.
- 1 egg
- Parchment paper
- A baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 450°F or 232°C
- Dice half of one of the onions Mix the diced onions, beef, egg other seasonings in a bowl. Cram that bowl into your fridge while you complete the rest of your tasks
- Peel the other onions and cut them down the center from root to stem. Separate the outer layers.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper
- Grab your bowl of meat and form them into your desired ball size. Remember that the onion layers are going to form a shell around your balls, so size accordingly.
- Use two of the halved onion layers to make a shell around the balls
- Wrap strips of bacon around the onion-ball things and secure with toothpicks
- Brush balls with BBQ sauce
- Bake for 45 minutes. Soak those balls in more BBQ sauce around halfway through cooking. You will need to cook less or more depending on the size of your balls.
Ball(s) word count: 20