I can’t believe I had to scroll through a metric ass-ton of screens just to get instructions on how to cook beans. We live in dark times.
What you need
- Some kind of dried bean:
- (Optional) bay leaves, garlic, and/ or onion
- Rinse your beans and make sure there are no rocks in there
- Add beans to Instant Pot
- Add water: for a pound (~2 cups) of beans, you need 8 cups of water
- Add bay leaves/ garlic/ onion if you’re using them
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure for the following times:
- Kidney: 30 minutes
- Canelli: 35 minutes
- Black: 25 minutes
- Pinto: 30 minutes
- After time is up, you can quick release the pressure if you’re impatient for beans
There. Beans. That was hard.