Put the ded in the red on the noodle bread.
What you need
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine or water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Hot cooked pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Get flour all over over the chicken like you’re dusting for prints, throw on some S+P too
- Put the olive oil and the butter in a large skillet and get that to medium-high heat
- Brown all sides of your chicken, and then put the chicken off to the side. He doesn’t have to be cooked through, he’s coming back in the third act.
- Keep all the chicken oil handy and add onion, celery, green pepper and mushrooms for a five minute head start
- Add all things tomato, wine, herbs, garlic, and sugar.
- Bring it to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes
- Put the chicken back in the skillet with all the other stuff, cover it, and let it simmer for another 45-60mins.
- Towards the end of that hour, you’re gonna wanna fire up some pasta to serve it over.
- Do not forget the parm.