When you like to add something to feel pain.
What you need
- 50-150 g of fresh chilies (depending on level of SHU/doom you think is right for you)
- 150 g medium size cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp fenugreek
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ dl oil (not too acidic)
- 1-2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- a bit of salt
- ½ dl apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp brown sugar (or more…)
- CRUSH THE SPICES!
- Chop chilies and tomatoes to a reasonable size.
- Mix everything but vinegar and sugar in a pot over highest heat setting and immediately turn it down - stir, but do not splash it everywhere.
- After 10 minutes where the contents have been having fun, while you have been exciting it to keep it from burning, add the sugar.
- Stir for a few minutes and observe that everything is now brownish.
- If the amount of liquids have reduced, so the contents are more stew than soup, add the vinegar.
- Get the pot bubbling while stirring.
- Set the pot at a low enough burn that it still bubbles, stir when needed.
- Prepare preserving jars, scalding water is hot, so try not to burn yourself - or others.
- When the contents are as thick as prepared grits, put it in jars.
- There will be a bit remaining in the pot… Have a bit of bread ready to try it out.
- Add this to rice dishes or to bread with cheese or whatever you want.