So you want to make bread in your bread machine. How original.
What you need
- A bread machine
- 21.5 oz bread flour (roughly 5 cups but seriously weigh it)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp powdered nonfat dry milk
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
Trying to be “Healthy”?
- You can mix white and whole wheat flour to taste, though a 2:1 ratio white to wheat is as much wheat as I would use.
- Dump all the ingredients into the bread machine
- Make sure to keep the salt somewhat separate from the yeast. Salt kills yeast.
- Use the 2.5 lb basic bread setting, medium crust
- If your machine has a mode to beep when you can remove the blades, use it!
- Remove the baked loaf from the machine as soon as possible
- Let cool on a rack for as long as you can stand it, with that fresh baked bread smell permeating your house