Chipped Ham on Toast
What you need
- Medium saucepan
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove of garlic, diced, pressed or smooshed.
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of deli sliced ham, cut into strips or squares
- 2 slices of bread, toasted
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Put garlic in and cook until fragrant, only a minute or two.
- Sprinkle in flour, salt and pepper, whisk until it forms a paste.
- Stir in milk, whisking constantly.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens a little, still whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add ham to the sauce and heat through.
- Serve over toast.
You may prefer more meat, or less meat depending on how much sauce you have. YMMV.