Submitted by liadan.
What you need
- Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Sweet Basil Crushed
- Ground Pepper
For the crust:
- 3 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack, shredded
- 2 eggs
For the topping:
- Pat the zucchini dry and mix with cheese
- Beat the eggs and mix with zucchini/cheese mixture
- Add in about 2 tsp Salt and 1 TBSP pepper and mix well
- Add garlic powder and onion powder to taste (I like about 1 tsp each)
- Cook in oven at 400°F for 10 minutes
- Remove and pat excess moisture off
Note: You can generally cook everything that goes on top of the zucchini crust while the crust bakes.
- Sauté the pepper in ~1 tsp of olive oil (Just enough to barely cover the bottom of a 5 inch pan)
- Cook until tender and starting to brown then set aside in a bowl
- Cook green onion in ~1 tsp of olive oil season with large pinch of onion powder and garlic powder.
- Once the onion starts becoming translucent, add mushroom and cook until they start softening but before they start to sweat.
Set aside in a bowl.
- In a large pan (~10 inches) put in about 2 tsp of olive oil (enough to cover bottom barely)
- Sautė the Chicken with 2 pinches of garlic powder and 2 pinches of onion powder. Add sweet basil about 1 pinch
Note: You want the chicken to be cooked white on the outside and almost fully cooked inside but not dry and not completely finished.
- Once the zucchini crust comes out of the oven and has been patted dry, add the peppers, mushroom and onions, then the tomato and chicken.
- Cover with cheese & basil across the top so that it covers all the cheese on top and place in the oven again for 25 minutes at 400°F.
You can get about 8 small servings or 4 large servings out of this.