What you need:
- 2 oz London dry style gin (I like Hendrick’s Midsummer Solstice)
- 0.5 oz lemon juice
- 0.5 oz simple syrup
- 2-3 oz Brut Champagne (or other sparkling wine)
- Lemon twist
- A cocktail shaker
- Put gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup in the cocktail shaker
- Fill shaker with ice
- Cover and shake the heck out of it until the outside of the shaker is cold
- Strain into a champagne glass. Or drink it out of a Solo cup; I don’t judge.
- Top with champagne
- Garnish with lemon twist
- Drink responsibly.