Please don’t make this and record yourself doing a mukbang. We’ve had enough of those already.
What you need
- 1 package ramen or soba noodles. You can use thin spaghetti in a pinch.
- 2 tbsp peanut or coconut oil
- A bunch of scallions. Use however much you want. Go nuts.
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp grated ginger or .5 tsp ginger powder
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin, sake, or marsala
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chili paste (I use Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce)
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Omit the flavor packet. Or don’t. I’m not your mom.
- Drain the noodles and set aside
- Chop the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate
- Mince the garlic
- In some sort of skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat
- Add the white scallions, garlic, and ginger and stir for a minute or two
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, mirin/ wine, chili paste, and sesame oil and stir for another minute
- Add your noodles and stir to combine with the sauce
- Serve topped with green scallions
You can add some sort of protein like tofu or chicken, but I’ll leave that up to you.